View Single Post
Old 19-04-08, 09:47
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball View Post
Yes, but the impact is greater than that, because as fast as we fill Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver with 3rd World immigrants, people who've been there for many generations are moving out.
Oh! You're talking about Canada, I thought it was England for a moment.

At least you have a very, very big land mass. . . . . . . . .

People also overlook, and the officialdom doesn't want to let it out, that one "permit" often covers a whole family which handily skews the data downwards, plus even more hidden is the 5:1 apparent breeding ratio increase of many classes of immigrants here.

Interesting that an "official" 200,000 more per annum are coming in here against those leaving.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=260

Quote:
I'm now actually a minority in the city I was born in, and I'll be long gone by this time next year...
Lucky its only the city. . . . . . . . . . . .

Where is Enoch Powell when you need him? The most erudite but maligned and mis-understood person you could find.

I too had a plan to be gone by the same time, however, some entirely cavalier fiscal machinations the other side of the water have currently served to reduce my pension growth by 20% and similarly my currency, which represents an unworkable loss of converted value of my home, that is assuming the base value hasn't also dropped owing to fiscal millstone we have just been thrown from afar.

Maybe this is the "special arrangement" from some 60 odd years ago that I am constantly reminded of by our illustrious, and unelected leader; I thought having finally paid off lend-lease (+interest) for all these years then we'd have a few pennies spare, not so it seems.

Anyway, look on the bright side; the one size fits all €, doesn't, and the flight from abroad into alternative "firmer", "federal" money, might be a big mistake.

The whole €zone finance would appear to be an inverted pyramid like the business end of a Vickers hardness tester bearing down on our correct and efficient German chums; should their surface temper prove insufficient then the € will come down like an idling 777-236 ER at Heathrow; which will suit me just fine.

I think Bayerische Motorenn Werke are laying off people and together with those at the Stuttgart Star and Dr. Ferdinand's crew, are having a bit of a job shifiting even more expensive cars into the previous happy hunting grounds that now have even softer currencies.

Similarly if you are in the market for an A380 then its just got a lot more expensive; unless you can get EADS to take the hit.

World renown experts stated this week that some €zone economies are "circling the plug-hole" and likely two countries may well be obliged to leave the "club".

Oh dear.

R.
Exceedingly grumpy of a cold, wet, windy and grey (no surprises there then) Shirrell Heath facing at least one more English winter and a continuing tirade of Govt spin - the official term for lying.