View Single Post
Old 07-07-22, 01:03
Dan Dolan

Default wireign as is - RIGHT? WRONG? MISSING a piece???? Help?1

I have attached a DRAWING of my wiring diagram for the No. 19 set…. Comments welcome. I have two questions posed the bottom of the summary:
The system as it is currently wired; see the diagram too.
1. The DRIVER & BOW GUNNER box in the HULL (between them) comes into the turret basket underneath the COMMUTATOR and goes up a cable to the side of the COMM BOX just below the No. 19 RADIO.
2. The GUNNER controls the RADIO from his box with a rotary switch that says A B and A-B etc. and he sits on the RIGHT SIDE OF THE 37mm GUN. His box has TWO 12 pin sockets on it – one of top and one on side…. (I PRESUME THEY ARE parallel sockets and either could connect to the radio???? BIG ???)
3. The GUNNER control box connects via the Big 12-pin cable to the lower left-hand corner of the No. 19 set – Long cable with 12-pin sockets on each end. The socket must COME DOWN FROM THE TOP OF THE RADIO because it will not align with the socket’s notch unless it comes down from the top----cannot go in the bottom of the radio socket (wrong cable? Right cable: both ends are same ‘sense’!) – cable hits the radio tray so will not allow cable plug to go on the socket.
4. The DRIVER – BOW GUNNER box cable (coming up through commutator in turret basket) goes into the COMM BOX from below and is a 6-wire plus ground that attached to the COMM BOX terminals inside the box – no plug on that end.
5. The COMMANDER-LOADER BOX on left side of turret (does not control the radio) connects to the COMM BOX below the radio via a cable with 6-wires and ground. That cable has an Appleton connector into the commander call box and connects to appropriate terminals in the COMM BOX.
6. No other cable runs to the radio EXCEPT for the cable from the RADIO CONTROL BOX on right side of turret near the 37mm gun. The RADIO CONTROL BOX uses a 12-pin to 12-pin connector (see diagram attached)
QUESTIONS:
a. Is there another cable I am missing? COMM BOX to Radio? Or COMM BOX to the RADIO CONTROL BOX (one with the two 12-pin sockets?)
b. Is the notch on the cable I am using to the lower right of the No. 19 set the WRONG cable and I need one with a notch in another position?
c. COMMENTS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!????

D NM
505-269-2056
Attached Thumbnails
20220706_162243.jpg   20220703_173728.jpg