View Single Post
Old 14-05-22, 14:21
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post

This is Canada, so perhaps there was some concern over the word count increasing the price of the plaque. I also wonder who proof-read the text before signing off on it?
I can help with that. It would be a gaggle (platoon?), well anyway a very large number of 'senior policy analysts' (or in other words 20 year old recent poly-sci or psyc university grads...they're pumping a lot of them out lately that need work) who are well up to speed on all the recent modernisms floating about society but a little weak on what happened in the past and compelled to apologize for it in any event. Hours and months of remote covid meetings went into this. Focus groups, word smithing, consensus building, pre-approvals at umpteen levels, senior staff re-pre-approval for each word choice...oh, and of course cut and paste from google. Only then did they start the procurement process for the plaque itself. It's not easy taking years to find a government vetted contractor to make a plaque at ten times the going rate but they manage.

Our PM over in Holland for this is rich, what with his open distain for our armed forces and our county's past.