View Single Post
Old 02-03-22, 01:42
carrier mech

I guess it's kind of like when Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) says in the movie: "Do you feel lucky....well do ya, punk"?. You might get a luger, you might get a 2" mortar. I know which one I would prefer, and it's not German.

I actually bid on a lot on the first series of auctions that had a poor description and no picture. They called it "war tools" and it came right after another listing for war tools that was the same size as the mystery batch. I surmised it was for 10 of the Vickers belt awls like the previous auction, and got the batch for $27, less than half of what the proceeding lot went for.

One thing I will say about this auction house is that they are very receptive and very forthcoming. If you send them an email, they answer back quickly and do everything they can to assist. I am pretty sure the same will go for the listings. If you send them a note about an inaccuracy of a listing, they will sort it out. I saw a few of the lots in the previous auctions where the listing was changed, and it was obviously written by someone who knew what they were talking about.