View Single Post
Old 21-02-09, 16:25
Mr. HUP

Default Administrivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Rob:

Congratulations! After throwing a lot of money at the provincial government you now have proof that you own something thats been yours for years!! Staggering! Mike
Gunner, Nothing succeeds like excess - especially when it comes to paperwork. It looks like the system is set up to exact money at every turn from those whom it is supposed to serve. Despite the load of tax money we fork over every year to support those who are paid to support us, it appears to me that we are getting less service at greater cost. It is time to sink unions, lawyers and pencil neck tax and spend politicians.
Back to the main topic - It helped going to a rural office as the offices close to home seem to be run by male-hating, weightwatcher wannabes, who see us as "inconveniences". I was more than a little annoyed by the constant questioning of my motives (“Why would you want to register that?”) and their slavery to procedures (“Why doesn’t the VIN have 17 digits?”). The less than helpful manner in which I was treated in Ottawa contrasts with the excellent advice and assistance given by David and his team in Kemptville.
Bottom line is that the HUP is legally registered in my name and registration is one more step toward the Spring 09 roll out. Seven years...King Solomon would not be impressed!