View Single Post
Old 06-07-05, 02:25

Hi

Please don't think I'm offended. I'm not. Merely inputing what I know and what I opine.

I don't know what you're doing wrong but our MGS will fit in a Herc. Also I do hate the vehicle and think it a shame we're losing our armour capability. I particularily hate the fact that we'll need a coalition "partner" to provide us with armour be it the US or any other country. You know as well as I do that national interests take precedence over co-operation internationally. We couldn't rely on a partner. Any partner.

I'm sure we would be better off in a LeoII. We're used to German tanks!!Being a small force, our tanking skills were very very good. Mind you now with them gone, our skill fade is going to be huge. I have some time in yours and theirs, albeit as just crew.

Well as much as I'd like to debate the value of the UN with you, I won't. I cannot show you a mission that was completed to your satisfaction even with US spt (which is minor in the whole average of UN missions). Show me a US military mission that was completed in a mission coplete satisfactory way, for that matter. GW1? Iran? Korea? Vietnam? Bosnia? Kosovo? Afghanistan? Iraq? You haven't managed that feat since you took on Spain at the beginning of the last century. Do not preach to me, please.

I know we should all stick together as collectors, ex-servicemen and servicemen but I am at a unique disadvantage compared to the first two types of people. If you're the second type, you'll know why.

I'm not glad you'd blindly support my country if we went to war either. I still don't support your reasons for being in Iraq but I made that decision myself after reviewing the facts even before you actually invaded. Nothing that has happened since then has changed my mind. I hope for the sake of your deployed soldiers(who I support and even know) that you can find a way out of where you needn't be in the first place. I am as ashamed of those that council desertion as you are but just as much so as your Recruiters trolling the High Schools for poor familys sons and daughters.

Again, not PO'd, just my humble opinions.

gotta put the kids in bed.

Later
D

Last edited by Darrell Zinck; 06-07-05 at 02:46.