View Single Post
Old 16-12-11, 01:26
GM Fox I

I'll take a shot. Pre-war Lights would have been bronze green. By 1941 you'd expect they would have been re-painted at least once in khaki or dark green (as I think your subject was). Then, the exterior was given a cam pattern in light stone. The inside of the hatch covers (the parts that were visible when open) would be the exterior hull colour, so in your case khaki or dark green, but obviously without the light stone cam. I expect the interior colour would have been aluminum.

were painted the exterior body colour. In you case I

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff View Post
I am building a 1/35 scale Vulcan kit of a Vickers light tank and doing a small diarama similar to the 2 AWM photos below.

I see that the inside of the front covers where the crewmans legs are sticking out appears not to be the silver/white colour of the interior. Can anyone suggest/tell me what this colour would have been?

Also the exterior looks to be 2 colour cammo. What colours would these have been? Photo caption says Australian Light Tank Syria 1941. I myself am assuming these would be light stone and british Khaki or similar.

I am building this kit now so the matter of colours is fairly urgent and yes I have 2 figures to pose with the tank in the same positions as they are in the photos