View Single Post
Old 26-04-05, 16:02
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: PC-Cilln crashed PCs!

I got PC-Cillen free when I built my machine, but they changed its layout and started downloading HUGE files rather than the standard 400K pattern files, and eventually stopped working altogether. I uninstalled it, and bought instead the ZoneAlarm Suite, which includes and excellent firewall as well as a good antivirus application. It works.

Quote:
Originally posted by David_Hayward
PC-Cillin, i.e. Trend Micro, released a pattern file for 90 minutes last Friday...this resulted in PCs crashing around the globe because each PC's CPU was fully-occupied with dealing with the Trend software. A note has been sent out and there is a solution on the website. However, what is required is to delete the offending pattern file BUT it cannot be done by deleting in safe mode as they suggested... it has to be done with a download onto a floppy and then as per their instructions using the tool in the download.

As you know IE will not work in safe mode through a ADSL modem as the driver will not work so no-one could access Trend's site or download! My local fantastic computer company have sorted it out but if you know anyone whose PC behaves like a lethargic tortoise about to expire after 150 years on this planet, please tell them what the problem might be and how they can resolve.

David out!