View Single Post
Old 02-07-21, 06:40

Update: regarding the running a bit hot on a hot day, we repaired a spare rad that had clean fins and tubes but had a bad tube leak due to freezing (I think) to replace the one that I thought was plugged with oil and dirt deep in the core. But on further inspection of the supposedly plugged one, I’m not sure that’s the case. So what else would cause a Meteor to overheat on hot days?
When we bench tested the engine, the thermostat opened around 175 deg F so I don’t think that is the problem.
Running lean? I’ve got a wide band O2 sensor so I can check the air fuel mixture under load on both banks since ihere is a welded boss for the O2 sensor on both exhaust pipes. Damn, I hope it’s not a carb problem since they are a bitch to get access too.
Maybe a restrictive strainer mesh in the long range fuel tank we are using as our supply? Or low fuel pressure at high load?
Due to COVID, we haven’t run the tank for any length of time for more than a year, but with a potential Tank Day coming up in August, I’d like to get this resolved.
Malcolm

Last edited by Malcolm Towrie; 02-07-21 at 07:06.