View Single Post
Old 19-08-20, 03:24

I installed a nice 12 volt oil priming pump today and got 15 psi at the pressure regulating valve where the oil enters the engine. That should be enough to prime the crank bearings and fill the passages up to the cams and valves before cranking.

Headlights are installed and working and the front and rear sidelights are in progress.

The gearbox and final drives are reassembled with the new seals. We've got to clean up and repaint the gearbox compartment and the gearbox before installation.

The two ammo ready-racks have been overhauled and are ready for installation. These hold two shells each, are located beside the loaders seat, and run on rails over a limited part of the turret ring, presumably for the convenience of the loader when he is scrambling for fresh loads, especially under the floor plates.

Much to my relief, we managed to get a voltage regulator for the main engine generator from Tim Vibert in Australia for a good price. He has a lot of parts for Centurions. I needed this to charge the batteries because ours went missing and we don't plan on installing the auxiliary engine/generator for a while.

Malcolm