View Single Post
Old 05-09-19, 20:32

Default Travel insurance travel plans

Do you fellas have a "travel bureau", AAA or travel agency that would recommend a travel route through Canada from West to East?

They are very helpful with giving away a free map and drawing a line on it to guide you to your destination. They give away brochures of all the places to see along the way. Some even offer reasonable travel insurance in case you're going into third world countries or traveling into unknown territory. Insurance can cover legal costs in some cases so that sounded like a good idea.

AMA offers towing services all across Canada and it's honoured in Quebec. As long as I have my card they say, we'll get you to a safe location. Diebert is safe.

Our agency is called AMA. The Alberta Motor Association.

I asked them to show me a route through Canada to my favorite publicly open Cold War bunker in Nova Scotia.

https://www.enterthebunker.com/exper...istoric-tours/

The route is through Quebec.

I asked if they could check if any of the vehicles on the unofficial list would not be allowed in Quebec.

AMA, "There is nothing on Quebec's website or media releases that say I can't visit Quebec in the vehicles listed".

I asked my AMA front-line girl Justine to check with a supervisor to ensure an Iltis, M923, LSVW or other "Military Vehicles" have no restrictions to travelers.

After a long pause, the reply is clear. "Any vehicle legally insured and registered in another Province or State is free to travel in Quebec."

I just started working on the legions to see if any of them on route have some decent parking and maybe even an overnight spot.

Here's a little list on the right side of the page.
http://www.qc.legion.ca/english/contact_us.html

The reactions we get from the veterans when we show up in old MV's all polished up for a parade is amazing. Often, it can only be equaled by the reaction we get from those currently serving.

Arranging some base visits for static displays so the current troops can look through the old gear is always fun.

Providing vehicles for Military Base events is a real treat so I think the place to begin arranging that is with the Defence Minister.
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliament...S-Sajjan(89497)

The Honourable Harjit S. Sajjan - Overview - House of Commons of Canada. Hill Office House of Commons Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0A6 Telephone: 613-995-7052 Fax: 613-995-2962 Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member of Parliament.

I'm sure someone has already called him because he's responsible for a lot of these same vehicles. I know we're welcome on base so let's open the dialogue.

There are a pile of bases, places and spaces to visit in Quebec but I'm unfamiliar with the area.....and the weather this time of year.

I know you folks can't forecast the weather and with that hurricane pulling all kinds of tricks along the coast, what is the "best guess" at the weather over the next few months along the St Lawrence Seaway?

Does anyone have suggestions on iconic military related places to see through Quebec?

Onward