View Single Post
Old 31-08-19, 00:22
carrier mech

I believe that all the provinces as well as the US states have reciprocal agreements re vehicles on the road. I think, for the most part, that if your vehicles is registered for full road use in your province, then it is fine to travel through any other province. I have read that in the US, some states have outright blocked on-road registration for HMMWVs, yet guys who are out of state can drive their HMMWVs through the states that don't allow on-road registration.

Hopefully your calls will lead to some common sense at some point.

Re the safety of the ex-military vehicles, I have owned and driven my military vehicles for over 40 years, and the one accident that happened was in no way my fault, and my passenger and myself both walked away, despite the other vehicle being a lot heavier. And with about 5 minutes work, the Jeep drove the rest of the trip. Autopac wrote the vehicle off and let me buy it back for not much money. Basically, I got paid $1100 (in 1985 dollars) and I was able to push the body back using a couple blocks of wood and a screw jack, and had to replace the fender and hood. I think it was under an hours work....easiest thousand bucks I ever made.