View Single Post
Old 30-08-19, 23:50

Default Contact

I made contact with a pile of departments today and met people that are really struggling with this. The faces answering the phones put me on hold continuously trying to find out what's going on. They were extremely professional and even apologetic at not having the answers.

SAAQ put me on hold the longest and Mileana worked very hard continuously putting me on hold to ask for confirmation from the big head on the table.

I'll start at the end of my adventure today because this is where folks should start. These next folks asked for pictures and measurements of my truck, bus, car or whatever I choose to bring to Quebec.

It's the same info above but I'll do it again because these are the folks that will keep my truck out of the court system when I visit Quebec.

The only difference in direction was asking me to fill out the online form. I didn't limit myself to that and using all aspects of comms works terrific.

If everyone sends pictures and information about your vehicles to these fine folks you'll find out if Quebec is as friendly as we know it is. They're asking for feedback before they decide what to do with this is what I know.

https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en...ontact-us.aspx

""""""""""""""""""By mail

Ministère des Transports
Service Québec 511
500, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 4.010
Montréal (Québec) H2Z 1W7
By telephone

Anywhere in Québec: 511
Elsewhere in North America: 1 888 355-0511

By secure email

Use the Ministère’s online form to send us:

requests for information
reports
claims for damages – see the procedureDocument au format PDF (193 Ko)
complaints
complaints pertaining specifically to neighbourhood annoyances (OHV)
comments

Make sure to fill out clearly the fields marked with an asterisk.

All requests must be processed within the time frame specified in the Ministère’s service statement (in French only).

Please note that any message containing insulting or hateful remarks will remain unanswered. We also reserve the right to forward any threatening message to the competent authorities. """"""""""""""""""'

I need to make travel plans so I started with the Alberta Motor Association Travel Bureau. They didn't know anything about HMV travel in Quebec and eventually suggested I call the RCMP. They already know what most HMV groups and collectors do and had no knowledge of any restrictions, other than criminal. They suggested I call SAAQ directly.

As mentioned Mileana from SAAQ was wonderful but eventually she determined SAAQ wasn't sure and was certain SQ would have a list of vehicles I could visit Quebec with.

SAAQ asked me a lot of questions and the back ground noise made me suspect they were very busy at the time. She asked if the vehicle I was bringing to Quebec could be used for off-road or had a weapon mounting point. I thought about the video of our 1966 GMC Coach bus driving through the farm field, the gun rack in the CUCV and behind the deuce seat as well as the 50 cal mount brackets on the cab, so I said yes. She laughed when I told her about the bus and replied, "I guess any vehicle can be used off-road".

Since SAAQ didn't know if I can visit in my HMV, with their suggestion I move on to SQ.

SQ
https://www.google.com/search?client...=quebec+police
1-819-772-3048

I call SQ to ask if I can come visit Quebec in a historical vehicle. The fine gent on the phone didn't know anything about any new legislation that changed the way they operate so he really wasn't sure. He said he wouldn't want to leave me stranded on the side of the road in Quebec with bad information so he's helping us look for answers.

He was real certain the folks that push legislation through would have an answer and after a few hours of direct calls, I finally got a toll free number.
I call Service Quebec. 1-888-355-0511
https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr...s-joindre.aspx

Carol over at Service Quebec was disappointed that he really didn't have an answer either. I'm not saying I got a personal invite to come visit him in any vehicle I wanted but that was the sentiment.

https://aqtr.com/association/a-propo...tale-nationale
418-643-6903

While we prepare a complete list of vehicles for the Transport minister, a partial list has already gone over to the Minister of Tourism asking if I'm welcome in Quebec in my HMV?

After speaking with several departments today it is clear that more people need to know about this. Hearing the replies today from the beautiful French accents saying they're disappointed and don't know enough about the restrictions to help me is a sad state of affairs.

Quebec supports 400,000 people in the tourism industry. That would already put pressure on a Finance portfolio so I'm guessing we need to let the Finance Minister know we're not sure if our money is going to Quebec.

W5 folks, who knows an investigative journalist that gets paid to hustle documentation paths? The folks that should have the info are getting the info last and an AIA account for Access to Information would be a bonus.

Onward,

Who wants a map of some of the coolest Cold War sites to visit on their way through Quebec?

These sites were all essentially abandoned in 1968 and some don't even exist anymore.

Our plans for travel included photography of Cold War era vehicles at sites throughout Quebec. Those sites in essence, helped protect the continent to this very day.

The Culture and Heritage in Quebec also belong to my parents and their parents, paying taxes to support all of Quebec and especially in the Continuity of Government.

Did anyone call the Cultural Minister yet? I'm cramming French lessons but just getting past greetings and things like, where's the washroom. . . . . .

Don't let me stop anyone from following up on these numbers and asking if you're Welcome in Quebec!