View Single Post
Old 24-07-19, 00:55

At this time we plan to continue holding the event in Odessa unless it becomes a non viable location for some reason. It has a canteen, bathrooms, camping space and room to drive around. Now that we have merged with the OMVA insurance is not an issue.

We haven’t posted on Facebook as much as usual lately but there is an event listing for the show. I am running a Facebook promotion for it which will end up costing me about $1000 that my company covers each year. So far 17,500 people have viewed the post and 515 have indicated they are going or show interest in going. 110 people have shared the post as well.

If you haven’t done so I would ask that you share the event on Facebook and invite your Facebook friends.

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
Ryan,
Thanks for all of the clarifications!

It sounds to me from your perspective, that going forward that there would be merit in having this annual event, on your property.

This would have several major benefits:

There would not be a requirement to pay for the venue, as you already own the location and have the required space. You would probably be able to use your current liability insurance as it is on site, and would not use up the off site limitations. It would also reach out to the your clients in the established sporting goods area of your business. This is a great population that may be interested in the hobby. As you already have an Internet presence and a web page, you would be able to co-market this event. All of the above seems to be a win-win for the hobby. I remember that in the past you had reached out to OMVA to host some web based information.

The Facebook page of the FMVA has been underutilized and this "free" social media site would be of interest to the younger Historic Military Vehicle folks.

So looking forward, the event may experience some changes in venue and methods. I have always been impressed with the ability of the folks in the FMVA, now the OMVA Frontenac group to put on such an amazing event. That was why I joined in August 2015.

It sounds like to me that things would work best for everyone moving forward to explore various options to commit to change; look at the pros and cons of the current venue; and increase the use of social media/Internet.

Your thoughts?

'95 Enfield Military Bullet
'92 Dnepr w/side car
'85 Iltis & Trailer
'85 Iltis
‘85 Itils w/Tow Package
‘85 MLVW MRT
‘85 HMMWV M1043
'71 M35A2
‘66 FV432 Mk 2/1
‘66 Ferret Mk 2/3
'55 M43