View Single Post
Old 23-07-19, 18:12

This years event, BBQ, advertising, etc was paid for by a portion of last years gate fees, dues, etc and next years event will be paid for by those things as well. For the most part this is how we have always paid for the event. Some years we have only put a deposit down for the venue and paid the rest with the next years funds.

Everyone acknowledges the hard work that the FMVA and other groups that attend the Odessa event have put in. The members from Quebec have been instrumental in growing the event as well....they bring some really cool stuff as well. Jonathan Brawshaw brought his Vickers tank reproduction from Alberta last year...that's a lot of mileage to put on a vehicle to attend. Everyone donates their time and resources to make this event happen. I'm not going to list each member but everyone brings something different to the group and helps out in some way.

There are no issues with the event rental etc. The insurance certificate has already been provided to them and all is good. All people have to do is show up, have fun and eat lots of BBQ Saturday night.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the show,

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
I agree. In the case of Odessa Bivouac 2019, the cost of the venue for this event was paid for, by the members of FMVA out of their own revenues in 2018 from previous events. I and the majority of FMVA voted to have the merger with OMVA. I and the majority of FMVA members, also voted to make the significant cash investment to book the venue for the Bivouac 2019 event. It is my understanding that a check was cut in August 2018 to pay for the venue being used. This was done to ensure continuity.

I am not aware that OMVA has, through fees collected by current/past members of FMVA, paid for the venue. Please confirm. The cash value of the venue far exceeds the financial value of the liability insurance. Unfortunately in the transition from FMVA to OMVA, communication has not been optimal.

I believe, in the interests of transparency, that OMVA should acknowledge the hard work of the current/past members of the FMVA who paid for and organized the venue to carry on the tradition of this event in 2019.

I will make some assumptions. FMVA paid for the venue in August 2018. The contract for the site of the agricultural society was with FMVA. OMVA issued/or had issued the Insurance Liability certificate to someone or group. According to previous information, it was FMVA. Now it is said that FMVA does not exist. This is problematic.

I am sure all of these issues will be worked out, and Bivouac 2019 will be a fantastic event.

Cheers!

Addendum: I found the FMVA minutes from August 2018

FMVA MEETING MINUTES
Date- August 18, 2018
Location – Odessa Fairgrounds
In attendance – Names deleted....
• This meeting was a special session with the sole purpose of conducting a vote to determine the path forward for the FMVA.
• Considerable debate took place by most members debating the merits of the latest proposal in a “round table” discussion. It became apparent that individual interpretations of the proposal were widely varied.
• Ryan Harriman then read out the latest proposal from the OMVA for those members who were not familiar with the details.
• The vote then proceeded; this consisted of marking individual selections by using a marker on a white-board.
• The final tally was 7 votes to remain “as is”, and 16 votes were made to join the OMVA. XXXXXX and YYYYYY were forced to leave early and their votes were cast by Peter Duggan.
• When the results were announced, there was a call put forward by Peter Duggan for a volunteer to sit on the OMVA executive board to represent our interests. Ryan Harriman volunteered for this position and was selected by general acclamation.
• The meeting was then closed.
Note – This will be my last official communication as a result of our new structure. This year’s Bivouac was the most successful to date with over 35 MVs in attendance. Gary McCurdie, was able to pay in full the 1,500$ fee to the Odessa fairgrounds for 2019. See you there.

'95 Enfield Military Bullet
'92 Dnepr w/side car
'85 Iltis & Trailer
'85 Iltis
‘85 Itils w/Tow Package
‘85 MLVW MRT
‘85 HMMWV M1043
'71 M35A2
‘66 FV432 Mk 2/1
‘66 Ferret Mk 2/3
'55 M43
'55 M37CDN
'55 M37CDN
‘53 M38A1CDN
'52 M135CDN
‘52 M38CDN
‘40 Something Universal Carrier
M113A3

Plus a dozen LSVW’s.

Last edited by Ryan Harriman; 23-07-19 at 18:54.