View Single Post
Old 23-07-19, 01:40

Default OMVA Frontenac Military Vehicle Event - Bivouac 2019

All is being said Respectfully and in Good Spirit. Over the years I’ve read numerous posts/responses here on MLU threads that tell me there are many folks out there who care about our hobby/interest, even at the expense of possibly being the target of negative thought when posting such responses on a public forum such as MLU or even Facebook. I’m one of them. We all want to move things forward and make this hobby/interest better for everyone. It’s very easy to read tone and thought into someone’s public comment/post…one of the risks of doing this via the internet but we all care.

Having said this, please remember that the purpose of the initial post in this thread…OMVA Frontenac Show or Bivouac 2019 is to remind everyone of the event and encourage all to come out, meet likeminded people, participate, show off your vehicle and most importantly….have fun!

Call it preserving history, having fun or whatever you want…none of it is fictitious and there’s a cost in doing this. As already pointed out by both Les and Ryan, the membership fees that we collect pay for things such as liability insurance, event venues, BBQs, trophies, CMP Magazine and all things that make these events and/or contribute towards making our hobby a success in Ontario. Car shows or similar type events that I’ve attended where vehicles are displayed with no charge to the vehicle owner are usually in the parking lot of a plaza (static display) or perhaps an event where a corporate sponsor or some other organization has covered the cost/arranged for the venue. These are great and certainly worth supporting/attending. OMVA events such as Georgetown/Acton, Coe Hill, Milton, Aquino and Odessa are our initiatives and have costs associated with making them happen. Again, it’s the membership fees we collect that cover those costs.

We encourage everyone to come out, have fun and consider the benefits of being an OMVA member. We’re sincerely doing our best to answer your questions and concerns but it’s difficult to do this accurately when not speaking face to face or responding via an internet public forum.
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)