View Single Post
Old 10-03-16, 00:52

Default Pedals to the metal.....

Hi Alex

Rubber boots and comfort were not part of the cab 11/12 repertoire.

My cab 11 nor any of the cab 12 had any rubber boots. You probably can fabricate something out of neoprene gasket material to seal around the pedal shaft. I would make it in two pieces and mount them from behind the floor plate with small no 6 screws flat heads inside a washer and nut on the back side. Two U shape pieces will be easier to install than forcing/stetching a one piece of rubber. Make sure the rubber has enough clearance so as not to drag on the pedal shaft. So far this is not a requirement in Ontario.

Now I did the same thing with the bushings on mine but got opposite results. My clutch pedal is dragging and will have to be removed and polished ever so lightly with a fine grit sand paper wrapped around a wooden dowel until it is a bit looser.

On the spring clevis thing.....

I checked on my early pictures......
the clevis pin for the brakes has the spring near the head of the clevis pin and in the centre most position near the clutch clevis. Heads of the brake clevis and head of the clutch clevis should both be on the inside near one another to minimize chances of the cotter pins getting hung up on one another.

Now is the time to do it...... removing the pedal cluster AFTER the sheet metal is on is a nightmare.... which is what I am about to do.......it is just that the front axle is very much in the way.

On your pedal cluster is it possible that the shaft is now worn out of round and would need machining and an oversize brass bushing custom made..... or can you live with the looseness as long as the clutch engages fully.

Nice job by the way.

Cheers
Canada