View Single Post
Old 10-03-16, 00:23

This some work from a while ago...the pedals.

I fitted new bushings (Filling station) to the cast base and fitted a new bushing to the clutch pedal. I am really happy how the new bushings in the casting worked out, but I am still not very happy with the clutch pedal.....there is just too much play for my liking.......either the bushing itself has too much play with the shaft, or the shaft is not round. I have been thinking about this for months now, but I think I will disassemble the shaft and clutch pedal...have the shaft slightly machined and have a new matching bushing made.

Two questions.....
I believe originally the pedals weren't fitted with a rubber boot, but someone suggested I might need them for the Dutch licence. Any idea which ones would fit the cab 11 pedals? I have ordered a set of rubber boots, but they are too big (even though the shape seems the same).

The return spring for the brake pedal; On my C8, one end fits in a nice hole in the front-most cross member, the other end was fitted to the pedal mechanism...in a hole in a clevis pin. (picture attached hopefully shows what I mean) I wonder if this was the original setup as it seems the clevis pin can still move from side to side a little, with a cotter pin fitted to one end and the end of the spring to the other. I am not sure if this setup is the same for a C15, or if it's specific to the C8???

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
pedal1.jpg   pedal2.jpg   pedal3.jpg   pedal4.jpg   pedal5.jpg