View Single Post
Old 09-10-15, 04:26
Tony Baker

Same goes for me, too!

I don't really mind non members seeing what is written, or the thumbnails. I took a good long look at WHAT was in the content before I joined. I do not want this site to be access all areas with regards to ability to post, regardless of membership or not. We will, I fear, be easy prey for the one hit wonders to post something stupid or fraudulent then disappear back into anonymity. This is the issue with many of the no-membership places on the internet. Those of us who took the time to register and remain, would very quickly get discouraged from staying in touch with each other.

Too many things have been amended in the name of progress, only to discover at later date that it was a really dumb idea. Very difficult to reverse something, more often than not! Is it really such a big ask for someone to take the few minutes to join, before they expect to be able to contribute themselves? Not a problem now that membership is now easy to do, is it? Do we expect to receive access to any associations, clubs, professional bodies, etc, without joining that group officially? Try getting the discounts from a store without joining their 'loyalty' system. Try getting a road breakdown service provider to come fix your car for free without becoming a member.

Leave things be, I say. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. In my opinion, it ain't broke!