View Single Post
Old 06-01-18, 12:53
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Alford View Post
This seems to indicate that these stoves were still in use into the 1980s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Love
I never had cause to notice them before, but I'll be looking now.

There is an old Cdn NSN for them, 7310-21-108-5755, which includes some Cdn army numbers for the model as well. The last update was 2013 on the number. A lot of the numbers refer to the Army cadets, so they may have been using them later than the actual Cdn Forces.

I see they are readily available on ebay,..
My reading of the above is that the above comments specifically relate to the Coleman 500 in CDN service, but you haven't mentioned the post-war service of the No2 mk2.

After looking on Ebay UK, I see a New Old Stock cooker in the bag with a manufacturing date of 1993 (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Army-stov...kAAOSw-uNaS9YW). When did they phase them out of service, or is the No2 Mk2 still in use?

If the stoves were modified originally to become the Mk2 due to the introduction of leaded fuel, were any subsequent modifications required to run them on modern unleaded fuel with it's additives of ethanol, toluene and benzene (and who know's what else?) I see the ebay version I've linked is now called a No2 Mk2 Modified. Do these stoves run OK on modern fuel?

(PS If the seller would post internationally, I would not have linked this item! )
Attached Thumbnails
N2M2M-1.jpg   N2M2M-2.jpg   N2M2M-3.jpg