View Single Post
Old 06-11-17, 08:49

Excellent video Phil.

All seems very familiar to me!

I jacked up each axle and set up a pointer and ran each axle static. I had found one of my wheels to have a significant variation at the rim edge. changed that wheel with a spare I managed to obtain.

In the first two years of ownership, I had these split rims apart and together more times than I like to think about (good exercise I suppose). I made sure the mating faces of the two halves were clean and that they were bolting together correctly as I appreciate that a small error here will cause the rim movement we are seeing.

All 4 wheels are now reasonably straight in that there is only slightly movement at the rim on each one, certainly less than on you truck.

Tyres do have some "out of round" movement when run static, but am not sure how much of that is from sitting for a month between giving them some exercise.

Still, As I said at 25mph the truck runs well, and that is not a problem in the areas in tend to use it.
1944 BSA Folding Bicycle (Best "Para Bike" at War&Peace Show 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015);
Trailer, 10cwt, Water Lightweight, 100 gall;
Trailer, 10cwt, Cargo Lightweight 10cwt No1 MkII;
Trailer, 10cwt, Electrical Repair Mk.2; Ex-Airborne REME;
Trailer, 10cwt, Lightweight, Electric Welding Mk 2;
SOLD:1943 Chevrolet C60s Wrecker