View Single Post
Old 05-11-17, 17:56

Hi Hanno,
new tyres all around, yes they go out of shape when parked, in fact they are terrible!
I inflated the tyres to around 60psi, left the truck on axle stands for a while, was doing other work underneath, then spun the wheels by hand with an axle stand positioned as a datum reference, the rims spin true.
The tyres, holy moly. reseated still not nice.
My intention is to get to a truck garage and do a little tyre phasing and balancing. however at the moment the wheel balance issue is making it easy to get the shimmy started, once I have the shimmy reduced to an acceptable level the tyres will get attention and may indeed need to be taken back to from whence they came, if it proves to be out of round tyres due to moulding issues, they are of no use to me, I want round ones!

John,
many thanks, I will see what turns up when, out of interest, my pins are 7/8 inch, got the last 4 from Stefan did you manage to get them from elsewhere?
Was going to try a few leafspring manufacturers Monday and see what they have in the way of bushes, the ones I had found are a little short, would prefer a single bush.
Landrover 86"
TX1 London Taxi
Bonneville
Monkey bike
1943 GPW Australian