View Single Post
Old 18-09-17, 21:26

Default It is always the last think you check

Hi John

I've revised this thread, you started, several times, in search of some little tidbit of information that would make shimmy on my Pat 12 C60L go away. Well this summer the C60L nick name "Canada" has had a profound shimmy starting at 35MPH continuing to get worse till 40MPH then suddenly it basically goes away.

Like you I had gone through it by the book and adjusted everything to essentially "0" play. I've even shot GoPro Video under the truck while driving through the shimmy range trying to spot something(I'll try and post that soon).

No good, still shimmied was about to start swapping the 11:00x20 wheels and tires from the truck with the shimmy to the C60S with no shimmy. But this after noon thought what else could it be? Checked my maintenance log and spotted a difference tire pressure. The C60L with just the cargo box is pretty light so I was running the tires a 38PSI to cushion the ride a little and get better traction off road, the other truck with the radio box is considerably heavier doesn't go off roading so run it at 60PSI.

Well this afternoon aired the C60L up to 60PSI all around and shimmy is essentially gone. Truck rolls right up to 50 MPH on the speedometer. Glad I found the solution the shimmy was beating the daylights out of shoulders probably wasn't help the truck much either.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com