View Single Post
Old 31-01-22, 23:00

Default SUPPLY UNITS, Vibratory, No. 52 ZA/CAN 4354

Given the tight space behind the Supply Unit chassis and the back of the Panels assembly at the rear of the Vibratory Supply tray, I needed to be sure the hex nut and lock washer stayed put long enough for the screw to capture them.

To do this, I glued the hex nut to my 5/16” Box End Wrench with clear nail polish, and then glued the lock washer to the hex nut, being sure to keep the polish out of the hex nut threads and the washer centred over the hole in the hex nut. Once dried, it was easy to hold the two parts in place and manoeuvre the screw to engage the thread in its hex nut. As the hex nut tightened down, it popped free in the wrench and shed all the nail polish. I could then switch to the open end of the wrench on the backside and a screwdriver on the screw to carefully tighten the hardware. A final wipe of polish across the back of the hex nut and it was all done, and the wiring could be reinstalled on the Sockets.

Now that is out of the way, I need to look at how best to access the hex nut binding the Case for the Vibratory Supply and fix that problem. All that work is in the Supply Unit itself but has a major influence on the Vibratory Supply.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 66.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 67.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 68.JPG