Thread: Penguin Mkll
View Single Post
Old 27-07-13, 01:52
Terry Warner

Default Penguins vs Raccoons

Damn good find with the Penguin! If you don't find suitable postwar roadwheels and tracks, you can be excused for swapping in Bombardier parts. They are still Canadian and evidently more numerous.

As for raccoons, they are devious little critters. One neighbour called them urban terrorists. I live in prime raccoon habitat, and for a while was unwittingly feeding them with my garbage cans. When I realized how they were getting into the locking lids, I made a sturdy 3'x6' wood and steel lean-to shed. No more knocked over garbage, but the kitts learned where to go. For years I kept seeing moms and little ones prowling my yard. Then I got a big enough dog to crap landmines and bark ferociously at intruders.

Skunks on the other hand have bad eyesight. They too are scavengers, but not as clever. I had one fall into a basement window well. He was too confused to climb and out. So a very large lady from the Human Society came with a big net on a stick. The skunk scampered away to the back hedge, to bring his love and cuteness to another homeowner.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!