View Single Post
Old 28-12-20, 22:24

Hi Bruce.

I am sure those Command bodies would not weather well, long term. I think they were all wood framed and interior clad with just a thin sheet metal skin in small sections for an exterior.

Some interesting other details in these photos. Some very hefty, equipment under the 52-Set bench with a row of white switch knobs along the top. The bin by the rear door the 52-set boxes are sitting on also has a smaller box marked ‘TELEGRAPHY EQUIPMENT’ sitting on it. The large front panel on that bin with the bars on it is a fold out desk and folding chair that deploys across the rear entrance. My guess would be Cypher Clerk Station.

Also, the No. 9 Key for the 52-Set is bolted down to the wireless table but not in use. The Key and Mic sockets on the Sender are occupied by the key and mic plugs from the Wireless Remote Control Unit by the front compartment wall, left of the 52-Set. The left hand 5-pin connector from the Supply Unit is also connected to the Remote, so I suspect the headphones for the Remote are also plugged into the lower right corner of the 52-Set Receiver.

David