View Single Post
Old 25-12-20, 22:32

Default LEADS, Aerial 25-3/4 inch Sub-Project

Well we got the turkey stuffed and in the oven and I decided to take advantage of some free time and do a little more work on the LEADS, Aerial 25-3/4 inch part of this project again.

Basically just the zinc plating of the brass terminal sleeves I found earlier in the year. I am finding that as you use the electroplating solution more, a higher concentration of zinc ions accumulates in it. It becomes more efficient in the transfer of current between the anode and cathode and the plating takes place much faster.

I have done two sets of the brass sleeves. The first set I ran for 15 minutes, the second for 30. The attached photos are of the 15-minute set only. They should end up being slightly darker than the 30-minute set once I let them dry out completely for a day or so. Then I will see which ones will look best on this LEADS assembly.

The run of photos is basically, sleeves as purchased, lightly sanded with extra fine emery paper, being plated, after 15 minutes on their own, and with the Terminal Pins inserted.

David
Attached Thumbnails
LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 12.JPG   LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 13.JPG   LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 14.JPG   LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 15.JPG   LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 16.JPG