View Single Post
Old 11-08-06, 18:26

Default Thanks Ma!

Hey Karmen

Thanks for letting us know on the other side of the globe about "Peacekeeping Day" in Canada.

It's not something that I was aware of, but what a marvelous idea to remember and commemorate the fantastic service of the men and women, whom give their time in the pursuit of peace, happiness and freedom.

There isn't a day like that recognised here in Australia - except maybe for reserve forces day and legacy day, but they just aren't really the same thing.

I think that the Government of my country would be too scared to have something of a similar ilk as they would be affraid that recognition of this sort of service, may leave them open to litigation and a string of compensation claims. This seems to be the common practice for anything wholesome and nice in this country.

Australia has become all the bad things from America - Liablility, Litigation, Compensation, Bad Television shows, Bogus free-trade agreements. My countries current Government are nothing more than America's tart. And what's worse is I voted for them.

Anywho,.......HERE'S TO PEACEKEEPERS DAY.

Pedr
Attached Thumbnails
aussie gorge.jpg