Thread: Sharing a shed
View Single Post
Old 19-09-20, 06:52
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Bussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Patrick View Post
That would be the Westbury Tractor Wreckers. The tractors and tractor wrecks were sold at an auction in April 2018 but the other vehicles weren't part of the sale. I didn't see the Mack (or wouldn't have recognised it in any case) or the Cletrac but I did see the Thorneycroft, FWD, British carrier, a GMC, a SWB Blitz and the remains of a Ferret scout car. I assume they're all still there. There were a few closed sheds which probably held the other good stuff not in the auction.
Ah interesting. Think his name is Graham ? Bussey or similar . When I was down there around 1990 he ran the Deloraine car wreckers , I drove out to his property near Quamby Bluff and he showed me around . The Cletrac he recovered, he told me it was left in the bush by loggers and he got it with the salvage rights as it had been left for many years abandoned.

Used to be a military vehicle museum in Deloraine run by the Clemons brothers, they moved the museum to a tourist park just outside Launceston, I visited that Launceston setup in 1988 , they had a running bren carrier for kids to ride in and the Thorny and other vehicles on static display , the venture didnt last very long, the vehicle collection was all sold by auction and that's where Bussey bought the Thorny. They also had a Diamond T wrecker purchased straight from the army surplus sales
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 19-09-20 at 06:57.