View Single Post
Old 16-03-10, 20:12
"Skunque-Breaker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
Only one problem I see with your display - wrong cap badge! It should be an RCR star not PPCLI. (Yeah, 3rd Bn of each regiment is Light Infantry and each one has a jump company, but don't confuse the two units.) Other than that, you've nailed it. As Dan told me, their Materials Techs made the mounts for them locally. As the photo evidence shows, the mounts could look like almost anything. And as the tour close-out pictures show, those vehicles were left behind for the Afghans.
Terry,
That gig as C 3PPCLI was because they were attached to the 187th Brigade Combat Team (101st AB Div) in 2002. That was my tie-in, for a non-US vehicle at the band gig.
Udderwise, I like the 3RCR because The Skunque came out of Petawawa. I had some original, worn in-theatre ISAF patches and IR Cdn Flags, etc coming to me, but they disappeared in the mail. Box arrived totally empty. What a freakin' let down. There are fake ISAF patches on eBay, these were actually worn over there and were being donated to my little "rolling museum"

I have yet to post over on the RCR Forum or the Army.ca forum.. so far all I've got are positive remarks. They may be a bit more critical over there.

WTB: Iltis Cargo Area Floorboards, C9A1 Green Handguard, TICCS Dash Mount; C79 Green Rubber Armor; M72A5-7 LAW Tube; Arid CadPat Rank Slides/Helmet Covers/Pants, etc