View Single Post
Old 02-07-16, 14:40
Tony Baker

I have just finished sewing my version of the guns slide rule bag. It will have three press studs to keep it closed.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160702_215141-resized-1280.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	83105
The rule itself will unfortunately be a simple piece of aluminium, cut to size. It won't be seen. I have not been successful in acquiring the real thing. If one presents itself, it will fit, but I doubt that will eventuate.

Wanna hear something funny? I ordered (and received) a number of footman loops recently, solely because I couldn't find the ones I already had. Since getting the fresh lot, I have put them away safely. Yep, you guessed it, I'll have to search for those too. The Bermuda triangle is alive and living in my workshop.......somewhere.

I plan to paint the axle parts and wheels tomorrow. As always, weather permitting.

Bryce is home from the army until next Sunday, so spending time with him will be the main priority. We don't get the opportunity to reunite the family very often, and he will be gone again all too soon.

If anyone has good photos of the brass bracket the dial sight attaches to, I would be very grateful to see them. I'll need to make one of those from scratch. Won't be perfectly same as original, but must be functional, because I want to attach the sight to it securely. If anyone has a genuine bracket for sale, please write me via PM. I'm prepared to pay handsomely to avoid all the effort of making an inferior copy!

Many thanks.