View Single Post
Old 20-09-16, 01:53

Default A busy day

Friends,

It has been a busy day, a lot of time spent shopping for parts, running from one supplier to the other.

Before doing anything usefull i looked closely at the doghouse that i had installed the other day. That doghouse was a find in a deceased friend's collection . I was fortunate enough to have had access .

I found the original holes and paint ( or absence of ) for the weight data plate on right hand side near my left knee when sitting. So i unsrcrewed the data plate from the former non- original doghouse and put it in it's final resting place back where it was supposed to be. I am very happy and lucky that Rich was very carefull retrieving all the original data plates for this truck . It is a real treat.

In picture 1 we see the doghouse, hard to see where the data plate is, but if you look at the 4 o' clock spoke on the steering wheel ,you barely see a corner.

Then i started tinkering with the air filter element and the spark plugs. Put in a new element and new OEM plugs.

I then went for lunch and did a test drive and experienced a noticeable improvement in performance. Life is good.

After lunch i did the steel screening for the generator compartment.

Third shot the steel screening from afar over the Carrier .

Fourth shot a close up of the screening. I chose a light steel screen compared to what i have seen in the NWM in Ottawa and elsewhere . My idea is it was to prevent stuff from falling overboard when the doors were open not to prevent forced entry by well equiped burglars !

Did the same behind both gen doors . Now i have to reach into the gen compartment from inside the box to operate the Chorehorses. A pain if you want my opinion.

This is my report for today.

No idea yet what i am going to do tomorrow. There is so much left to do ! Restoring this truck is quite an undertaking !

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
doghouse.JPG   data plate.JPG   steel screening 1.JPG   screening 2.JPG  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 21-09-16 at 01:13.