View Single Post
Old 18-02-17, 13:54

Default Other units

Ed, do you have any info on what other sigs units used serial 87? Home or abroad?
I competely understand what you are saying but I was hoping someone could open up other possibilities with refrences.

To cut to the chase if I'm going to suggest to the owner of this rig that we start aggressively sanding out all the paintwork looking for unit markings. I had better be able to justify the costs of repainting the truck. If the only option for sigs serial 87 falls into 25cib then I think I can make a case. If it was also a common home service serial not so much. This is really where I need the help.

I would be very surprised If a rebuilt MB would have been shipped back from Korea in 54. I did however find refrence to a number of former US MB's getting returned from Ft. Lewis to Canada prior to deployment overseas. Images show we were using the same serials in Washington as Korea. If I remember correct some of the docs at archives included serial or registration numbers for vehicle shipments. I think I sent copies to Eric but I'll have to check with him.

Thanks!