View Single Post
Old 09-05-09, 17:42
Niels Vegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
It should be a 158"WB General Service truck. The 158" looks like it could be correct, but as pointed out it has been completely rebodied for a better fit to their planned use. I assume you have also noticed that the main data tag has an added plate on top of the main plate for chassis number and engine number, presumably added at rebuild time (it matches the added plate for motor nr.) The winch is more common on special purpose trucks such as the FAT, Winch, Derrick or Engineers bodies, but other GS trucks have shown up with winches that appear original.
alright thanks, I am fairly sure that its the same lenght as a normal c60l as there is one parked in front of it.
So It has just been a standart flat bed lorry fittet with winch. it was the M in the Vehicle model # C-60448-M-GS-11, that had me thinking that it might have been somthing like a machinery version.
the reason for the missing front bumper is that the owner is using it on his CGT.
We are thinking of modifying the rear, so that it can be used for sleeping in, with out changing the body on it.
1955 Austin Champ, 04BF45