View Single Post
Old 07-11-21, 10:08
MLU Administrator

Default AEDB Design Record of Canadian-Developed Military Vehicles in WW 2 (1945)

Having read many times about the famous Canadian Army Engineering Design Branch "Design Record", and seen some of its contents, this is the first time I have seen them in full.

Now I have thanks to "RCEME Archivist" who has uploaded all eight volumes of the AEDB Design Records on the Internet Archive from where they can be downloaded.
I have saved them on this MLU google drive folder as well: AEDB Design Record

Sit down and enjoy reading them!

Quote:
During the Second World War, the Army Engineering Design Branch of the Canadian Department of Munitions and Supply was responsible for the design and development of military vehicles in Canada. At the end of the war, the AEDB produced an eight volume record that summarized the history and experience of the vehicle design projects. The volumes were:

Volume 1 - General and Index;
Volume 2 - Armoured Vehicles (other than tanks);
Volume 3 - Tanks and Tank Type Vehicles;
Volume 4 - Self-propelled Mechanical Transport Type Vehicles;
Volume 5 - Bodies and Non-technical Vehicles;
Volume 6 - Technical Vehicles;
Volume 7 - Trailers;
Volume 8 - Mud and Snow Vehicles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Design_Record_Canadian_ Developed_Military_Vehicles_WW2_Volume 1_General_and_Index_0000.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	125763 Click image for larger version

Name:	Design_Record_Canadian_ Developed_Military_Vehicles_WW2_Volume 1_General_and_Index_0001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	125764 Click image for larger version

Name:	Design_Record_Canadian_ Developed_Military_Vehicles_WW2_Volume 1_General_and_Index_0003.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	125765 Click image for larger version

Name:	Design_Record_Canadian_ Developed_Military_Vehicles_WW2_Volume 1_General_and_Index_0012.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	125766 Click image for larger version

Name:	Design_Record_Canadian_ Developed_Military_Vehicles_WW2_Volume 1_General_and_Index_0031.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	125767