View Single Post
Old 06-01-16, 19:31

Thanks to the eagle eyes of Chris S in the UK, I now have a complete set of the elusive bushings to mount my C42 Aerial Sim to the Rack, Electrical equipment on the Radio Station C42 Instructional. Incidentally, though not mentioned at all in the assembly instructions, these same bushings and hardware are needed to mount the actual Aerial Tuning Unit No. 6 to it's Support box.

The attached pictures show:

- The actual bushings: ZA 47035, ZA 47036 and combined as in assembly.

- My C42 Set, now complete with Sim.

Mounting the bushings is quite simple. The trick is having the hardware ready to install. ZA 47035 is inserted through the front of the mounting hole in the rear plate of the ATU and ZA 47036 can then be pressed over it and squared off nicely to the ATU plate. They will stay in place while you hold the ATU to either the Support or Rack and pass the bolt with flat washer attached, through the assembly. Slide the lock washer on the end of the bolt and start the hex nut in place. Repeat for the remaining three hardware sets.

Once you start tightening down the hardware, do so for each set until you feel the ZA 47035 bushing bulging out behind the flat washer. Then back off the nut until the bushing just returns to it's original taper. When all are done, you are good to go.

Looking at the design of these things I now suspect these bushings are intended to dampen out any shocks that would likely damage the meter assembly of either the ATU or Sim.

Hope this helps, and thanks again Chris!

David
Attached Thumbnails
C42 Set SIM:ATU Bushings.jpg   C42 Set Instructional.jpg