View Single Post
Old 27-04-20, 09:34
MLU Administrator

Default Publication M&S 1877 dated 1-44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post
I am not sure if there was a March 1944 edition of the Vehicle Data Book, but I know Bill borrowed the original book from what was back in the 1980s, the Department of National Defence Land Technical Library. This library was a fascinating collection but is long defunct with some of the holdings having been sent to the CWM.

Here are two more titles from the Data Book series as well as a sample page from the Canadian Armoured Vehicles book.
Fascinating stuff, Thanks Ed!

The Data Book Tank type vehicles of Canadian manufacture which I copied is owned by David Herbert. The ID No of this publication is M&S 1877 and it is dated 1-44. It has a revisions and additions sheet issued February 15th 1945, and the revised pages on the Ram, Sexton, Skink, R975-C4 engine, Polsten gun and Mk.9 Sight added, replacing the pages issued January 1944. Each vehicle has a section of its own, comprising of several pages with detailed technical information.

The Vehicle Data Book is more generic, describing the vehicles used for the invasion of mainland Europe on only one page each. Much more like a recognition manual than an extensive technical publication.

Now, who is going to reproduce these Data Books, please?

I would buy the whole set.