View Single Post
Old 15-03-18, 01:29
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

It may well be a post-war conversion. However, it is interesting to note the CGT winch fairlead and cab floor, and there wouldn't be too many of these cranes made onto CGT cab/chassis except for those wartime "Aust No9" chassis examples.

Also of interest is the variations seen with single ram/dual rams, and the design of the pivot mount ( "C" section beams or "lattice" style). Peters Bros made these styles of cranes for a variety of vehicles and SWL ratings. There was no single design model. Add to the fact that they were made over a couple of decades, I think you would have to have a Peters Bros catalogue or sales brochure to definitively date or classify any particular example. I'm sure that some over the years have even been moved from vehicle to vehicle, and even modifed by users to suit specific applications.

Other companies, such as Servex, also manufactured similar cranes during the war and after, and may share similar appearances.

Despite that, if this crane was closer, I'd like to have a good look at it (for the chassis No. of the CGT and a builder's plate on the crane), and perhaps if it was closer still, I'd be buying it!
Attached Thumbnails
Scan10009.JPG   lh_side.jpg  
Attached Images