Thread: CMP Ford F60S
View Single Post
Old 12-03-22, 02:40

Default Productive Friday - power to the coil

I swapped out the older dual 6V batteries for a new 6V battery and fashioned a battery bracket to hold it in place. Added a battery (positive ground) disconnect but I need to paint that knob red. Starter solenoid is now more accessible from the driver's side step. Took the voltage regulator, ignition resistor and circuit breaker out of the dash, cleaned out dust, dirt and cobwebs, sanded the contacts, double checked continuity with a meter and reassembled. I am adding an ignition key into the coil circuit so we have a bit of security. New wires are being run from the starter solenoid to the cab terminal strip and from there to the voltage regulator, key, ignition resistor and then over to the coil. Push button for starter solenoid is now functional. Distributor cap is off, inspecting points, condenser, coil wire and spark plug wires. Will look at setting up timing to make sure I have proper spark at the correct plug. More next week!
Attached Thumbnails
IgnPanel - 4.jpg   IgnPanel - 1.jpg   IgnPanel - 2.jpg   IgnPanel - 3.jpg   IgnPanel - 5.jpg  

1941 CMP C12 C-15A (Parts)
1942 CMP C13 F-60S Dumper (Restoring)
2 x 1941 CMP C12 F-GT (Storage)
194? CMP C13 C-60X (For Sale)