View Single Post
Old 16-01-22, 23:40
MLU Administrator

Default French Ford orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kreiner View Post
I found the attached information on French Fords in my files. French automotive historian Claude Rouxel (RIP) researched and sent this to me years ago, and I eventually bought the sources he quoted, and also found the small Matford 1935-1946 blurb in The American Automobile Since 1775, in the section The Hybrids, compiled by well-known British automotive historian Michael Sedgwick (RIP). I don't have any information specifically on American imports to France for the period, sadly.
Even though Ford had a good presence in France, apparently the French government also ordered vehicles from Ford in the USA - see the quote from David Hayward in an earlier thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Hayward (RIP) View Post
The 1940 right hand drive Ford Model cars assembled at Dagenham were either 01A Standard or 01A Deluxe fordors BUT it now seems that there were some l.h.d. cars as well being diverted FRENCH orders. The 1941 cars assembled at the new CMD in Slough were Models 11A Special, 11A Deluxe and 11A Super Deluxe fordors. NOTE that neither of these orders had the "E" prefix added to show that they were assembled in Dagenham Plant, which was not the case with other diverted French orders and other early Canadian truck and Wagon orders.

1940 Model engine numbers were prefixed:

01A Passenger 1A1 l.h.d. and 1A2F r.h.d.
09A Mercury Passenger 1D1 and 1D2F