Thread: CMP Ford F60S
View Single Post
Old 31-12-21, 14:01

Default Edward Bros Tipper

Guys, I concur on the 42 verses the 41 year of production and it would appear that the engine/transmission matches the ID tag. I guess I will be celebrating an 80th Birthday on Tuesday for the F60S!
Now that I have the box off of the frame, I have been able to look more closely at the hydraulic lift mechanism. According to the brass name plate, it is an Edwards Bros (Tipper) Ltd. from Bolton, near Manchester, UK. Considering that it looks to be a professional installation, the aluminum hydraulic pump unit bolts into the air pump housing location on the transmission, up and down hoist activation left is located through the floorboard on the left side of the driver's seat. My question to the MLU gurus is, did Edwards Bros sell their hoists in Canada? I would think it a bit odd and expensive for a Canadian made F60S to go to the UK to have a civilian hoist installed on it and then have it shipped back to Canada for post war service. As always, comments welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
EdBroTpr - 1.jpg   EdBroTpr - 2.jpeg   EdBroTpr - 4.jpeg   EdBroTpr - 5.jpeg   EdwBroTip.jpeg  

1941 CMP C12 C-15A (Parts)
1942 CMP C13 F-60S Dumper (Restoring)
2 x 1941 CMP C12 F-GT (Storage)
194? CMP C13 C-60X (For Sale)