View Single Post
Old 11-02-10, 18:55
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Name Change..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Price View Post
I thought that Kruse Auctions purchased the inventory of a Belgian museum and moved it to Auburn. I visited that museum several years ago and from what I can find it's still in operation.

Regards,
Jim
Name change...

Quote:
The WWII Victory Museum is now the National Military History Center

This is more than a name change! This is the marking of the start of the next phase in creating a museum complex honoring our nation’s military and its remarkable soldiers, sailors and airmen who have guaranteed our freedoms for more than 200 years.

The complex will spotlight the service and sacrifice of America’s military through a variety of museum units and major galleries dedicated to Young America’s military, World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the Cold War, and today’s War on Terror. This newest phase of growth will create the unprecedented American Veterans Hall of Honor and Veterans Research Library. The library will not only be a research tool, but will preserve a variety of materials for future generations.

The World War II Victory Museum, which is one of the world’s most impressive collections of WWII military equipment, was the first phase of creating this center. Fund raising efforts are currently underway to create room for new exhibits and expand the Center’s educational programming.
There are also many other changes underway. Soon there will be a new National Military History Center web site which will grow to become a vital resource for students, teachers, researchers, history buffs, and anyone interested in learning more about America’s military.

The site will feature an updated look, easy to use navigation, eye-catching video and photo galleries, and more.

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 28-10-12 at 15:28. Reason: formatting - please use the quote button