View Single Post
Old 15-09-20, 22:42

Quote:
Looks like the co-drivers position was also sacrificed with the flail installation, or got even more cramped than it otherwise was already!
David, I am afraid it was the latter....thankfully he didn't have a .30 cramping the space even more (ball mount was there, but no .30 as it's behind the static part of the flail), but the chain case was right behind the co-drivers seat and above the escape hatch! See the pictures attached.

Also attached is a picture showing the flange in more detail, as mentioned in David Herberts post......and a picture of the 75mm showing damage to the shield.

Last but not least is a picture of the Bovington Crab showing one of the covering plates around the hole in the side armor, and also the spring fixing with the angle iron. I could't find any traces of the covering plates ever fitted to Avalon. pictures source:https://www.recomonkey.com/Land-Plat...rman-Crab-Mk-I

Quote:
Sorry about that Watermarks are not something I normally bother with, so I didn’t stop to think other people might want to.
No worries mate, but next time I have to report you to the MLU police

David; The Overloon museum is in a wooded area, but right next to the village centre; Back in the days when all exhibits were outside, the first exhibits were right behind the fence. Based on memory I think Avalon and Cookie were about 300 meters from the entrance. Next time I'll visit I will see if I can match the surroundings of the early pictures to the museum terrain, but as mentioned earlier the early pictures are said to have been taken in the museum rather than the battlefield.
Attached Thumbnails
Interior1.jpg   Interior2.jpg   Interior3.jpg   Interior4.jpg   hole.jpg