View Single Post
Old 14-09-20, 19:30

I have been off this thread for a couple of days nearly, waiting for some paint to dry and my head to clear of things 52 for a while.

I found a small piece of plastic in the shop last week and primed it and painted a strip of the Gloss Navy Grey across one end of it. This was the colour match I had done to the Access Door Assembly off the Sender panel a few weeks ago. It has been a while since I worked with enamel-based pants and I had quite forgotten the drying times required for them. This particular one requires 16 hours between coats. That timed out to 04:00 local time this morning but at Noon today it is still definitely off gassing and feels soft to the touch. I am thinking a good two weeks to cure hard would not be unreasonable at room temperatures.

In the two photos I have attached today, I have placed the test strip on the plastic between the Access Door Assembly and the Sender front panel in the daylight in the back garden. It would be extremely helpful if you could take a look at the photos and provide me feedback on how good a match this paint is to the wartime originals in you opinions.

I will fill you in later on why I am making this request, to reduce any biases in opinions.

Thanks in advance,

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender Panel 24.JPG   WS No. 52 Sender Panel 25.JPG