View Single Post
Old 28-08-20, 21:12

With a little free time available today, I removed the top cover of the newly acquired CPP-2 and gave it an inspection and cleaning. I also removed the wooden tray assembly that had been fitted to it. It was probably that extra five pounds that did Rob in.

Just the usual decades of dust accumulations and when it was all said and done, I fired it up and it works perfectly.

I forgot to take note of the two serial numbers on these CPP-2's and will do that eventually. As Bruce mentioned a couple of posts back, these are both late production items with the small hatch on the left front of the cover that makes changing the output voltage so much easier.

One difference I noticed straight away was in the power cords. Both are the same long length with the same plug, but the first one I bought has a flexible rubber sheathed 16/3 conductor fitted. The new CPP-2 has a flat PVC sleeved 16/3 conductor which has three age cracks in it that have been taped over. I will eventually switch this one over to the flexible rubber cable and use the time for that conversion to take a closer look underneath the chassis at the rest of the wiring.

The photo shows the two supplies together on the lower shelf of my wireless table. Just the one supply is actually connected to my DC Voltage Distribution System for the wireless equipment on the top shelf.

David
Attached Thumbnails
CPP-2 Power Supply 2.JPG