View Single Post
Old 09-04-17, 14:32

Mike.

Way back in the pre computer days, I used to order all my US Military Vehicle manuals directly from the US Army. I do not know if they still maintain the relevant branch, but it was called the US Army Directorate of Publications, and was based in Philidephia, as I recall. You could even get on a mailing list from them for a complete set of publications that listed their entire Technical Manual, Service Manual, Service Bulletin and Lubrication Order Publications which included an ongoing series of updates as to what was new, superseded or rescinded. That service was free. Manuals themselves were $1.50 USF for mailing plus a penny a page.

If they no longer had a manual in stock, they would send me a reference for a copy of it which was held in the Library of Congress in Washington. Apparently one of every publication always goes their for filing. The Army DOP would always provide the number of pages in the manual as a reference as the library copy charges were 'going rate +' per page. plus retrieval and postage fees.

I have no idea at all how the Library of Congress works today in the computer age, but if you are not already tapped into that resource, maybe try checking with them for a copy of what you need for your welder. The TM Number and title (or description thereof) should be enough to get them pointed in the right direction. Or maybe it's already hiding on line somewhere in their system.

David