View Single Post
Old 27-09-07, 00:27

Default Oil cooler line guard

The carrier pictured is one of the WA 100, in fact its no.2, I am not yet certain of how many carriers this modification was fitted to other than perhaps the WA 100.

Firstly, I am hoping that our Jack M can verify that the WA carrier that he restored also had one fitted.

Secondly, anyone with a more complete and original late series carrier can inform us of this guard existance in their carrier. I would expect that they may be in last built Metgas nos. between 5013 and 5076, or SAR carriers between 5000 and 5013, or Ford carriers from 3870 to 4149.

Please let us know if you can confirm or deny this.

Pedr

PS This will rely a large part on the complete originallity of your carrier if it falls between those numbers. When I tried this once before regarding the special SAR wiring system, most guys didn't even know what I was on about, and those whom did said that they couldn't be bothered attempting to reinstate that system.

PPS On closer investigation I now know that Col Anderson's old carrier has the same guard. WA carrier 5108. ( as seen in the picture )
Attached Thumbnails
mlu 5108 close up - lh side rear - 01.jpg