View Single Post
Old 26-09-21, 04:40

Nice start to the tray, Jordan.

I noticed in the photo there are Pattern 37 Brass fittings surviving on both sides of the front of the tray, that Bruce identified the other day. Looks like the open concept of that shelf in the illustration was amended to add a web strap to keep the stuff on the shelf from falling out.

Do you have any idea how easily rotated that turret assembly is for the operator? If it moves easily, I can see why things on that shelf could have been prone to sliding out.

The other thing I noticed this evening in that illustration is the two steel boxes stowed under the turret foot rest. The large square looking one seems centred under the rest, however the smaller one, strapped to its mount looks like it sticks out quite a bit away from the Rest Assembly. Are there any signs of that sheet metal mount for the smaller box being installed in your Otter? I ask because the way it sticks out into the open, I can imagine ankles and lower legs getting slammed into it in the heat of the moment when the Operator is turning the turret back and forth while focusing on things outside. Maybe...that box got moved to a new shelf under the seat tray. A similar location, but safer place for whatever it is.

That’s all I’ve got tonight, Jordan. I have run out of tea!

David