View Single Post
Old 25-09-21, 02:02
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stapleton View Post
Hello from the UK.

I have just joined the Forum and own a 1957 ex-Canadian Army Triumph TRW. I am hoping to trace the history of my motorcycle and learn more about the use of the TRW by the Canadian forces. All I know so far is that my motorcycle was despatched from the Triumph factory on 1 January 1957 and supplied to the "Ministry of Supply, Canadian Army" (quote from the factory records).

In 2015 it was one of 17 ex-Canadian Army TRWs re-imported back to the UK by a dealer in Wales. It has had one previous UK owner since then and I purchased the motorcycle last month.

Any information on where I might find out about my motorcycle's history during it's time in Canada would be very welcome (even if it was just stuck in a crate in some military warehouse).

The photo below shows my motorcycle as it is now with its UK registration number.

Dave

I was a Dispatch Rider in the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals Reserve during the late '50s and the '60s, riding that very type of bike. The CFR of "mine" was 56-90674.

BTW, picky point...the saddle bags are not the correct type as issued.

Thanks for posting and bringing back good memories!

PS...just noticed, there's something about the muffler (silencer)..it seems to me that it was somewhat "fatter".

Last edited by Jon Skagfeld; 25-09-21 at 02:07.