View Single Post
Old 10-02-20, 11:08
MLU Administrator

Default Hollywood production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
Don't be surprised if your F15A scene ends up on the editing room floor.
Yes, I know that is a distinct possibility in the film industry

Quote:
The whole movie business is run by people that have no idea of vehicle history. Will they ever learn enough to employ a decent vehicle advisor ? I was on set during the filming of 'The Dunera Boys ' they had a Land Rover in the convoy scenes, 1940 oh yes. Bob Hoskins was there on set with Warren Mitchell . I informed the props lady , my Jeep isn't correct for 1940 but she ignored me. The ship DUNERA shipped out German Jewish refugees to Australia .Being German nationals, they were under armed guards and shoved into a internment camp on arrival in Aust.
In this case Mike, I think it is the opposite. While indeed the producer wanted to hire a Dodge Weapon Carrier, a team of us convinced we could provide the correct Canadian vehicles, hence the F15A, F60S LAAT (albeit in a troop carrying role), and the big Mack. Other vehicles were Jeeps in correct Canadian markings.

I was impressed by the level of detail of the props and dressing people. I had to take off my wrist watch, chances were it could be seen when holding my steering wheel, etc., etc.

The surroundings were also changed as far as practical, e.g. the red asphalt of the bike lanes were covered over with sheeting and blended into the rest of the asphalt. See the first picture above, you can see where the transition was made.

Hence my interest in seeing the end result - if it indeed not end up on the cutting room floor....

H.